StatCounter

Thursday 23 December 2010

1881 CENSUS

Over the course of the past month I have been updating my 1881 census records to ensure that every entry is on my records. There are 839 Vicarys (including varients and obvious mis-spellings but excluding Vickery and Vickary). Of these I am pretty sure that 76 should have been recorded as Vickery and there are 173 which I have not yet been able to place on trees. Therefore 590 or 70% of the 839 are on one of my many family trees and I will have mapped out at least two generations, most likely three or more.

I am keeping all the Vickery/Vickary data I receive but I am not putting this onto my records at the present time. There are 2,156 Vickerys and 113 Vickarys on this census which explains why I am at this time concentrating on the Vicary spelling only.
Currently I have over 9,500 individuals on my database.
Please contact me if you have a Vicary enquiry or if you have any Vicary data to add to my records. I look forward to hearing from you.

and finally ...... HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY AND REWARDING 2011

1 comment:

ZannaStar said...

Dyrons in Newton Abbot became the base for the 6th form of Newton Abbot Grammar School in approx 1970. Prior to that date it was owned by Miss Vicary/ miss Vickery (I don't remember how she spelt it) who was a domestic science teacher at Newton Abbot Grammar School. I believe that Dyrons is still there & now houses Newton Abbot College.
Christ Dunn-former pupil at Dyrons.